Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: not established or confirmed; "his doom is as yet unsealed"
2. [Adjective]: lacking or indicating lack of confidence or assurance; "uncertain of his convictions"; "unsure of himself and his future"; "moving with uncertain (or unsure) steps"; "an uncertain smile"; "touched the ornaments with uncertain fingers"
3. [Adjective]: not established beyond doubt; still undecided or unknown; "an uncertain future"; "a manuscript of uncertain origin"; "plans are still uncertain"; "changes of great if uncertain consquences"; "without further evidence his story must remain uncertain"
4. [Adjective]: not certain to occur; not inevitable; "everything is uncertain about the army"; "the issue is uncertain"
5. not firm or secure; "balancing three boxes in an uncertain pile"
6. ambiguous (especially in the negative); "she spoke in no uncertain terms"
7. not consistent or dependable; "an uncertain recollection of events"; "a gun with a rather uncertain trigger"
8. not safe from danger or mishap; "faced an uncertain future"; "an unsure existence"
9. subject to change; "a changeable climate"; "the weather is uncertain"; "unsettled weather with rain and hail and sunshine coming one right after the other"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.