Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: upright in position or posture; "an erect stature"; "erect flower stalks"; "for a dog, an erect tail indicates aggression"; "a column still vertical amid the ruins"; "he sat bolt upright"
2. [Adjective]: maintaining an erect position; "standing timber"; "many buildings were still standing"
3. [Noun]: a vertical structural member as a post or stake; "the ball sailed between the uprights"
5. of moral excellence; "a genuinely good person"; "a just cause"; "an upright and respectable man"; "the life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous"- Frederick Douglass
6. in a vertical position; not sloping; "an upright post"
7. erect in posture; "behind him sat old man Arthur; he was straight with something angry in his attitude"; "stood defiantly with unbowed back"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.