Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Noun]: an improbable and unexpected victory; "the biggest upset since David beat Goliath"
2. [Noun]: the act of disturbing the mind or body; "his carelessness could have caused an ecological upset"; "she was unprepared for this sudden overthrow of their normal way of living"
3. [Noun]: condition in which there is a disturbance of normal functioning; "the doctor prescribed some medicine for the disorder"; "everyone gets stomach upsets from time to time"
4. [Noun]: the act of upsetting something; "he was badly bruised by the upset of his sled at a high speed"
5. [Noun]: a tool used to thicken or spread (the end of a bar or a rivet etc.) by forging or hammering or swaging
6. [Noun]: an unhappy and worried mental state; "there was too much anger and disturbance"; "she didn''t realize the upset she caused me"
7. afflicted with or marked by anxious uneasiness or trouble or grief; "too upset to say anything"; "spent many disquieted moments"; "distressed about her son''s leaving home"; "lapsed into disturbed sleep"; "worried parents"; "a worried frown"; "one last wo
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.