Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: acting with or marked by or resulting from great force or energy or emotional intensity; "a violent attack"; "a violent person"; "violent feelings"; "a violent rage"; "felt a violent dislike"
2. characterized by violence or bloodshed; "writes of crimson deeds and barbaric days"- Andrea Parke; "fann''d by Conquest''s crimson wing"- Thomas Gray; "convulsed with red rage"- Hudson Strode
3. (of colors or sounds) intensely vivid or loud; "a violent clash of colors"; "her dress was a violent red"; "a violent noise"; "wild colors"; "wild shouts"
4. marked by extreme intensity of emotions or convictions; inclined to react violently; fervid; "fierce loyalty"; "in a tearing rage"; "vehement dislike"; "violent passions"
5. effected by force or injury rather than natural causes; "a violent death"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.