Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Noun]: a block of wood used to prevent the sliding or rolling of a heavy object
2. [Noun]: (golf) an iron with considerable loft and a broad sole
3. [Noun]: a diacritical mark (an inverted circumflex) placed above certain letters (such as c) to indicate pronunciation
4. [Noun]: any shape that is triangular in cross section
5. [Noun]: something solid that is usable as an inclined plane (shaped like a V) that can be pushed between two things to separate them
6. [Noun]: a heel that is an extension of the sole of the shoe
7. [Noun]: a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States
8. [Verb]: squeeze like a wedge into a tight space; "I squeezed myself into the corner"
9. [Verb]: fix, force, or implant; "lodge a bullet in the table"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.