Search and save vocabulary to your My Vocab lists!
1. [Adjective]: not correct; not in conformity with fact or truth; "an incorrect calculation"; "the report in the paper is wrong"; "your information is wrong"; "the clock showed the wrong time"; "found themselves on the wrong road"; "based on the wrong assumptions"
2. [Adjective]: contrary to conscience or morality or law; "it is wrong for the rich to take advantage of the poor"; "cheating is wrong"; "it is wrong to lie"
3. [Adjective]: based on or acting or judging in error; "it is wrong to think that way"
4. [Noun]: a legal injury is any damage resulting from a violation of a legal right
5. [Noun]: that which is contrary to the principles of justice or law; "he feels that you are in the wrong"
6. [Adverb]: in an incorrect manner; "she guessed wrong"
7. badly timed; "an ill-timed intervention"; "you think my intrusion unseasonable"; "an untimely remark"; "it was the wrong moment for a joke"
8. not conforming with accepted standards of propriety or taste; undesirable; "incorrect behavior"; "she was seen in all the wrong places"; "He thought it was wrong for her to go out to work"
9. not appropriate for a purpose or occasion; "unsuitable attire for the office"; "said all the wrong things"
10. used of the side of cloth or clothing intended to face inward; "socks worn wrong side out"
11. not in accord with established usage or procedure; "the wrong medicine"; "the wrong way to shuck clams"
12. not according with the facts; "unfortunately the statement was simply untrue"; "the facts as reported were wrong"
Get immediate access to grammar tests, quizzes, exercises, pronuciation practice, vocabulary building, courses, and an online community all wanting to improve their English and help you improve yours! Standard membership is FREE!!
Your percentage for the test can be checked against the level at https://english4today.com/tests/
Please register or login for the STANDARD TEST plus CERTIFICATE. Your first and family names are used to complete the certificate information. Your email address is required to validate your registration and to send you the full test results.