WHICH AND WHOSE
In a statement, these words define or explain which thing or person is referred to:
- He went back to the house. (Which house?) The house which stood on the corner. = He went back to the house which stood on the corner.
- I saw the man. (Which man?) The man whose car you damaged. = I saw the man whose car you damaged.
- He couldn’t remember which film he had seen.
- That’s the man whose wife works in my office.
- Tell me which coffee you like.
- The woman whose dog bit you is at the door.