Use the question mark:
1. At the end of all direct questions
- What is your name?
- Do you speak Italian?
- You’re Spanish, aren’t you?
2. Do not use the question mark for reported questions
- He asked me what my name was.
- She asked if I was Spanish.
- Ask them where they are going.
1. Don’t forget to place a question mark at the end of long sentences that contain a question
- Isn’t it true that global warming is responsible for more and more problems which are having a disastrous effect on the world’s climate and leading to many millions of people in countries that can least afford it having to contend with more and more hardship?
2. Sometimes a question mark can be placed within a sentence
- There is cause for concern – isn’t there? – that the current world economic balance is so fragile that it may lead to a global economic downturn.