Its contraction and possessive video
It's and its: common mistake in written English
It’s and its are commonly used incorrectly in written English.
It’s is a contraction of it is and most commonly used in spoken and informal English and its is a possessive.
- It’s really hot in here, can you open a window.
- It’s too late to go out so I’ll stay in and watch a movie.
- I can come tomorrow if it’s OK with you.
- I found this dog in the park but don’t know who its owner is.
- You can’t judge a book by its cover.
- The emu is a strange bird, its wings are too small and its body too large for it to fly.